Statewide Coordinator for the Ben Franklin Technology Partners
About the Role:
In this role, you will serve as the central connection point for the four Ben Franklin Technology Partners (BFTP) of Pennsylvania. Located in Harrisburg and reporting to the four CEO’s of the Ben Franklin centers, you will be the main liaison to key stakeholders and outside groups. The Coordinator will position BFTP as a partner with the Commonwealth of PA for pursuing its technology-based economic development agenda. You will provide leadership and visibility for Ben Franklin with key trade and advocacy groups including, but not limited to, the State Science and Technology Institute and the Pennsylvania Economic Development Association. In addition, you will oversee and manage the Innovation Partnership Program (http://innovationpartnership.net/) by sitting as its Board Chair.
You will be Responsible for:
- Coordinating communication and collaboration among the four Ben Franklin centers
- by participating in regional events, conference calls and CEO meetings.
- Maintaining productive and responsive relationships with relevant PA Department of Community and Economic Development personnel.
- Developing CEO consensus on State and Federal advocacy priorities.
- Sitting as a member of the Board of Directors of external organizations as required.
- Developing and optimizing all statewide marketing channels including, social media, publications, news coverage, sponsorships, memberships, annual reports and economic impact reports.
- Ensuring productive relationships with other economic development organizations.
- Identifying state, federal, and private sources of external funding.
- Preparing grant applications and completing the resulting reports.
- Managing and executing external service contracts.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A significant knowledge of entrepreneurship, innovation, business development, marketing/communications or debt and equity financing.
- A diverse understanding of economic development strategies.
- Experience in presenting to small groups and to senior management.
- Confident, engaging and compelling communication skills.
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent plus 5+year of related Management experience
Ben Franklin Technology Partners as an Employer:
BFTP is a great place to grow your career. As an independent subsidiary of Penn State University, your host BFTP offers staff members a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding work environment. Apply online at http://www.psu.jobs/Search/Opportunities.html clicking on “Harrisburg Area” & “Full Time Staff Jobs”.