The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) requires the governor of each state to submit a two-year modification of the State Plan outlining the state’s workforce development strategy. Pennsylvania plans to submit a modified Combined State Plan to include the six core programs (Adult, Dislocated Worker, Youth, Wagner-Peyser, Adult Basic Education and Vocational Rehabilitation) as well the following optional programs:
- Career and technical education programs authorized under the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program
- Employment and training programs under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Work programs under Section 6(o) of the Food and Nutrition Act of 2008
- Trade Adjustment Assistance for Workers Programs
- Jobs for Veterans State Grants Program
- Senior Community Service Employment Program
- Community Services Block Grant
- Reintegration of Ex-Offenders Program
The Plan is required to be posted for public comment for a minimum of 30 days. Pennsylvania’s WIOA Combined State Plan was posted for public comment on December 15, 2017. Public comment will be accepted until 5 PM on Monday, January 15, 2017. The plan is posted on Labor & Industry’s Workforce Development Plans and Reports webpage and a direct link to the plan can be found here.
Public comment should be submitted, in writing, to RA-LI-PAWDB@pa.gov. It is requested that commenters include page numbers when commenting on specific aspects of the plan to facilitate responses to the comments.
Any questions regarding Pennsylvania’s WIOA Combined State Plan or the public comment process should be directed to RA-LI-PAWDB@pa.gov.